skimlinks

Monday, April 20, 2015

Poncho the night......

Every article in your wardrobe gets a chance to come out of the closet atleast for more than one season but there are a few which are winter friendly only. One such Trend is my ever beloved Poncho.

Even if the weather outside is not that cold I am one of those females who will be covered in woollens and warmers from head to toe and for someone like me a poncho is a blessing. It not only hides all my unwanted bulges but it also adds the high street and sometimes glamour element to any gloomy/grey outfit.They are easy to layer and you can swiftly transition it from a day to night look and won't even feel the chill. 
Ponchos have been around for sometime now. Earlier they had the boho-hippie-heavy fringe look to them but now they have evolved into being very stylish with double tones and colour blocking and softer fabric feel.They now come in all kinds of shapes, sizes, colours and prints from aztecs to graphic/vivid prints to all over large monograms, who can forget Olivia Palermo and her Burberry colour block blanket poncho.




One of my other favourite Style Icons Miroslava Duma is also a patron of the trend.




Last season we saw various versions of the poncho in the form of "CAPE" and this season we have the new version
"THE BLANKET"


Attaching below some of my handpicked choices this season.....









http://us.sheinside.com/Red-and-Black-Asymmetric-Wool-Blend-Cape-p-186337-cat-1735.html

3 comments:

Linsey Sijmons said...

Oh I loooove ponchos!

xxx Linsey from POSE-BLOG.com

You can also check my BLOGLOVIN & FACEBOOK if you like! :)

Michèle Kruesi said...

I absolutely adore this collection you put together as I'm anyway I huge poncho lover
www.thefashionfraction.com

Diana Cloudlet said...

I like this post in your blog: interesting with beautiful photos! You did a great job!
Can’t wait to see the new one!)

Diana Cloudlet
http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

pin it